[AccessD] Old Dog - New Tricks

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Jan 28 13:28:28 CST 2008

I'm not sure what you find to be too difficult with ASP.  Technically,
ASP.Net and ASP use the same technology.  The biggest difference is in
how the language 'appears' to the developer.  The client side events you
get with ASP.Net are java scripts on the client side...same could be
done with classic ASP and java script.  That's why I recommend learning
ASP first, kind of like learning how to work on a 57 Chevy before
working on a 2008 Chevy.  Sure, there are new frills, but the concepts
behind a combustion engine are still the same.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Robert L.
Stewart
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 1:06 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Old Dog - New Tricks

I disagree with Drew. I stopped trying to do anything on the
web until .Net came out because it was simply too difficult.

I would move to VS 2008 and not go with 2005 or earlier. The
reason is the ability to port between windows and browser using
XAML.

Rocky, you (or someone) asked about porting back and forth between
the two. Simply put, you don't. They are entirely two different
animals. VS 2008 and XAML will allow it to happen though.

Robert

At 12:00 PM 1/28/2008, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:37:18 -0600
>From: "Drew Wutka" <DWUTKA at Marlow.com>
>Subject: Re: [AccessD] Old Dog - New Tricks
>To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
<A5615CBECEC42E4791D7A7C724E1E9B2E61984 at MIEXCH.marlow.ii-vi.net>