[AccessD] Split database and VISTA

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 31 17:34:15 CST 2008

I have an Access2002 database that is used for event management.  It's
split, and under pre-Vista OS, would go in it's own folder in the C:\Program
Files folder.   The database is often moved from one computer to another,
during the event.

With Vista, the security is different and putting the database folder in the
C:\Program Files folder doesn't work.  However, I don't want to put it in a
Users folder, since the database will be moved to other computers and the
links will be screwed up.

Does anyone know the best way to handle this situation?

TIA,
Carolyn Johnson