[AccessD] OT - Whatever became of ...

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Jul 1 09:33:04 CDT 2008

Ummmm, ok.  I didn't list names, just made a comment.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jurgen Welz
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 9:09 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT - Whatever became of ...

Drew:  If there were any off list emails, whomever they supported, they were private.  Public exposure of private off list censure of a list member that was obviously not intended for public consumption is not in good taste.

I also don't think it is fair to characterize John's last post as having 'all the swearing'.  There may have been repeated words implying animal excrement but the spelling leaves interpretation to the beholder.  Posts in the thread in question speak well enough for themselves without editorial interpretation.  None of the private emails you refer to are subject to any interpretation than other than your characterization about them saying John was 'going overboard'.

I found the tone and content of both John's comments in the thread and your most recent comment below objectionable, but that is only my opinion.  If John has chosen to take a time out voluntarily, that is certainly his prerogative.

If you have received private emails of support or commiseration, appreciate them for what they are and don't turn this into some kind of a popularity contest where you are the only contender.
CiaoJürgen WelzEdmonton, Albertajwelz at hotmail.com> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:29:12 -0500> From: DWUTKA at marlow.com> To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT - Whatever became of ...> > I don't know, after the post with all the swearing, I had several off> list emails about JC going overboard. He posted that he was going to> delete all my posts, and then didn't see anything else.> > Hope he didn't go away for ever, he's a good contributor here.> > Drew> > -----Original Message-----> Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 12:31 PM> Subject: [AccessD] OT - Whatever became of ...> > Where's John Colby? I haven't noticed a post from him since the last> great debate. Anyone know what's going on?> > Charlotte Foust