[AccessD] OT Signatures?

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:24:39 CDT 2008

While I don't generally peruse the AccessD list much these days, but I am on
the SQL list, I don't really have an issue with signatures.  If it is an
issue then perhaps clipping messages should become standard practice.  One
method would be to have a much more active role in the moderation of
messages.  By that I mean new subscribers would need to be forced through
the queue from the moderators, once their messages were approved by mods,
then they could post on the list, such lists still exist with very active
mods ie, MyItToolbox where they won't even let me cross post :D.  Once they
approve you and you follow the rules, they let you post almost immediately.

that same theory can be applied here, but will require active mods, and
consistent applications of the rules.
--
Francisco

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Gary Kjos <garykjos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arthur,
>
> This might very well be a good idea but as I stated in a previous
> reply we have little power to enforce it and not enough manpower in
> the Moderator group. Want to volunteer?   Talk to John Bartow at
> john at winhaven.net
>
> I just don't scroll the message box down below someones name and I
> never know if they do or don't have a signature message.
>
> Gary Kjos
> MODERATOR AccessD
>

> On 7/1/08, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it would be correct and efficient if we banned signature lines
> from
> > the list, to wit, anything in addition to one's name should be deemed out
> of
> > bounds. Yes, occasionally they are cute and or witty but they consume
> space
> > and after thousands of messages that space adds up. To keep the costs of
> > this non-profit organization to a minimum we should collectively agree
> that
> > signature lines in addition to one's name ought to be forbidden.
> >
> > A.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Heenan, Lambert <Lambert.Heenan at aig.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > And if I decide to put together a signature line that others would be
> > > offended by that's ok: because it's *my* signature line? Maybe a link
> to a
> > > malware site?
> >

> --
> Gary Kjos