[AccessD] Connection string to web mdb

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jul 2 09:29:01 CDT 2008

Hi Steve

This is not just like that. You could create a VPN connection but in most practical scenarios not on the fly. Firewalls need manual adjustment.

And even if you could, connection to an mdb via the internet is not recommended, indeed not for writing. It may work but it will break sooner or later and you'll have a corrupted backend.

/gustav

>>> scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com 02-07-2008 16:14 >>>
Oh...Well, that explains it clearly enough. Thank you!

I can deal with the drive mapping method, which works fine for MY machine,
but in my ideal world I want this tool to be distributable, which means I
won't know the user's current mapping assignments.  I can write code that
establishes a drive mapping (in this case, to the website) on the fly to a
specific letter, but I'm not sure how the code can assess which drive
letters are available.  I'll do some research, but if anyone has
ready-to-eat advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again, Gustav.

Steve Capistrant