[AccessD] Same tables, Different data source (ODBC)

Jennifer Gross jengross at gte.net
Mon Jul 7 19:48:35 CDT 2008

Hi Mark,

Am I understanding correctly that during development you either will not, or
chose not to be connected to the live Oracle tables, but in your test or
development environment you have re-created those tables in another format
so that you can work with them?

If that is the case then I have a database that connects to Oracle, do not
have that connection during development or testing and what I've done is
fairly simple (read lame).  I have the Oracle connected table and the Access
linked table, both with the same name, except whichever table is NOT live at
the time I put one or two underscores after the name.  When I post an update
to the live environment I put the underscore(s) on the Access linked table
names and remove them from the Oracle connected tables.

I am anxious to hear what others have to say because I have been meaning to
streamline this process into code for a while now.

Jennifer