[AccessD] Missing library? REVISITED

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Jul 9 08:36:48 CDT 2008

John,

  On one of the problem PC's I would:

1. Login with admin rights.
2. Check for multiple copies of DAO351.DLL.  Make sure there is only one.
3. Re-register DAO from the command prompt:

regsvr32.exe C:\winnt\system32\DAO351.dll

  Note: Change the path as appropriate.

4. Open A97, create a new MDB.  Open a module and go to tools/references.
Make sure you have the primary three and make sure none are listed as
missing or broken.  If they are, you'll need to fix them.  If none are,
check any unchecked reference (note which).  Close the MDB and Access.
Re-open and uncheck the reference you just checked.  Now do a compile.  You
should get no errors.

5. Open the debug window and type:
  Debug.?  MID("TEST THIS",4,2)

  It should work.

6. Now open your app that your having a problem with and try a compile.  If
it works, stop.  If not, go through the check/uncheck process in step 4.  If
you still have compile errors after that, then it is most likely corruption
in the MDB.

7. Take the MDB your created in step 4 and import all the objects into it
from the app.  Then try a compile.

HTH,
Jim.