[AccessD] Downgrading Vista

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Mon Jul 14 22:43:55 CDT 2008

That approach has traditionally worked well for me, although just the other week I had to re-install XP pro onto an old laptop of mine and windows update kept crashing the entire OS which required a repair or reinstall.  After a few days of this I gave up with MS update and I ended up getting XP SP3 and IE7.0 from a 3rd party site and installing them from the desktop - oddly enough, this didn't seem to require any validation checks (?).  Now i have had no more problems and automatic updates are working fine.

darryl.