[AccessD] OT Kinda: New Computer

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Thu Jul 17 21:11:05 CDT 2008

I have a Toshiba Tecra A9, 4 gb ram, 320 gb hard drive.
I run VMs on it for almost everything. VMWare Workstation
is what I use to create them. I have Win XP, Vista, and
Win Server 2003 VMs. Personally, I would not go any other
way now that I have tried it. I can now test any "beta"
software or OS without worrying about my base OS. And, I
can setup clients environments without having a new machine
to do it. I have got rid of 4 desktops and a server since
I started using VMs.

I have know others that loaded Windows on Macs, but had trouble
with them.

I love the Tecra. The size, 15.4" and the weight are great.

My previous machine was a desktop replacement 17" regular screen,
not wide screen and it weighed over 15 lbs. Best thing about it
was that it took 3.5" drives, so I could use a 750 gb drive in it.

Robert