[AccessD] Stop Access Opening Exclusive

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Sun Jul 20 21:56:43 CDT 2008

I have a client that has a shortcut to a database that just has the
name of the database (without the full path of Access before
it).  Windows explorer has the file type associated with Access (he
is running 2003).

When the shortcut is clicked the file seems to open in exclusive mode
so that when another user opens the database it is read only (and a
message appears to tell them).  Since it is an MDE it doesn't matter
as the data in the SQL backend can be changed anyway.  But it is
annoying having the warning message pop up.  How can I change the
shortcut/application so that it doesn't default to exclusive?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand