[AccessD] Package Wizard and Access Runtime

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Mon Jul 21 22:12:07 CDT 2008

Dan,

No, deploying Access 2003 Runtime is not that easy!

My humble apologies, I think I misunderstood you - I somehow made an
assumption you were talking about Access 2007 Runtime.

Sorry, I use SageKey for Access 2003 installations.  I can certainly
understand not wanting to buy it just for 1 site!

I don't think it would be in breach of any licensing terms for you to
sub-contract the preparation of a SageKey install to someone (no, I'm
not offering personally :-) ) who has the wherewithal.

An alternative is to have a look at Inno installer, which I think is
free.  I have no experience with it, but my friend Albert Kallal swears
by them for Access Runtime installations.  Do a Google search on "Albert
Kallal Inno" and you'll find some of his comments.  Somewhere he has
posted some sample scripts, but I just can't put my finger on at the
moment - maybe you will find them.

Regards
Steve