[AccessD] Alt Tabbing between VBA Window and Access Window

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:06:53 CDT 2008

When I am switching back and forth between the Access Window (editing
forms) and the VBA Window (Editing code), I run into this annoyance.
If I leave the properties window open for a given form (such as I
clicked on a command button, cmdOK then chose the OnClick event),
typed my code, then
alt tab to switch back to the Form, I only get the property Window to pop up.

If the property window is not opened, I can switch back and forth
between forms and VBA all day long without a problem.
If I click on Access from the task bar, while in VBA, the same thing
happens, but I can click a second time and the forms appear.
The trouble is, I like to use the keyboard for everything, I use the
mouse very little.

Is there a setting I can change in Access or something in the registry?

I am running WinXP SP3 (Did it in SP2 too), I do have dual monitors,
but I beilieve this happens at home as well, where I only have one
monitor.

Thanks in advance,
David