[AccessD] Label vs text box and carriage return issue.

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Sun Jun 1 20:40:14 CDT 2008

Hey guys and gals.

Whilst most of you are mooching about on Sunday, it is Monday here in Deep South Oz (urrrrgh) and I am trying to get a report to behave.

I am using Labels which I want to populate with a list returned from a query.  Now I have the query working great, and I have the data being populated into the labels, but I cannot get the damn carriage return working correctly.  I have tried Chr(10), vbCr and vbLf.  All work in that they put in a Carriage return character, but it doesn't actually write to the label with carriage returns functioning - still write the data in a single line.

I want:
Alpha
Beta
Gamma
Delta

NOT:
"Alpha Beta Gamma Delta" (with the carriage return char showing in the spaces).

' ------------- Code Start -------------------

... yada yada yadah...

                    If (rsActClone.RecordCount) > 0 Then
                        sProgText = ""
                        Do While Not rsActClone.EOF
                            n = n + 1
                            If n > rsActClone.RecordCount Then
                                Exit Do
                            End If

                            sProgText = rsActClone!ProgName.Value
                            sANS = sANS & sProgText & vbLf '<-- THIS BIT HERE IS BOTHERSOME
                            rsActClone.MoveNext
                        Loop
                    End If
                End If

... and so on....

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.