[AccessD] Momentary Adieu

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:59:07 CDT 2008

LOL.

Having driven in England, Japan and Hong Kong previously, I am used to
driving on the left, although admittedly it does take a few days'
adjustment. I haven't made a choice about how I'll transport myself yet. The
bus route to work is direct and 15 minutes, so that will suffice for a
while. I really am attracted to Smart Car, but who knows, I may settle for a
scooter.

The company arranged for me to stay at least initially in the main floor of
a 2-storey house right next door to Bermuda College, in an area called
Paget. It's your basic one-bedroom with a king-size bed and two walk-in
closets, no three, and an open-concept combined living room and kitchen. The
floors are marble. The sofa folds out and there are three easy chairs and a
dining table. There's a yard with nice plants and a picnic table and a
couple of lawn chaises. The ocean is a 5-minute walk, as are two nice
restaurants and a grocery.

No internet or cable TV at home yet, but I'm working on it. Meanwhile
there's a T3 connection at work, so I'll manage to muddle through.

I think that I will probably keep this place for the first three months or
so, until I become familiar with the island and the options available.

So that implies that the maximum number of visitors at a time is one, unless
it's a domestic couple.

It takes a few days to get banking sorted out, but to help smooth my arrival
and setup, the company advanced me my first month's salary. How nice.

Arthur