[AccessD] Feedback Time

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:10:59 CDT 2008

Hi Rocky,
I have just replied off-line.
Thanks
Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin at
Beach Access Software
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 4:50 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Feedback Time

Max:

Got this reply from Apress.  Do you want to take him up on his offer of a
free eBook?

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334
www.e-z-mrp.com
www.bchacc.com

Hey Rocky,

Hope your interview went well. If it is posted online, please send me the
link and I can have it reposted on Apress.com.

As for the questions, there are two issues:

Having the customer create an account has two uses. First, and most
important, it allows them to return to the site, if for whatever reason
their eBook is corrupted, or deleted, or any number of things. And allows
them to log back in and retrieve it for another download. That is also our
modest means of security, making the PDF password protected against the
account.

As for PayPal, we had a traditional credit card transaction, but we
encountered considerable fraud with stolen numbers from various parts of the
world, that we decided to go with PayPal to eliminate it. It's not ideal,
but we were draining too many resources fighting fraud.

If these questions are from a friend or colleague, I'm more than happy to
send them a free download of the eBook.

Best,
Steve