[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jun 10 12:56:59 CDT 2008

 > Yes, I did, you just ignored it.

Drew, you may believe me that I ignore NOTHING of value.  I
didn't get where I am by turning down free value.

Take whatever it is you are about to "give me".  I can copy
fields from a record to controls and back again.  I can
build "transactions".

What I have never done is build a coherent strategy for
testing edited data against the current data in the same
record being edited and handling edit collisions in a
responsible manner, without the use of locks.

If your example demonstrates that then I will examine it,
else you are not answering the question I asked (again).
Since you say right up front that it is a single user
system... I have to assume that you are not answering the
question I asked (again!).

I am happy that you are happy with your solution to your
problem, but it is not a solution to my problem.

But I really do appreciate your showing it to us.  I am sure
that there are many people (myself included) that may
experience that problem some day and will be very interested
in your solution.

In fact I may very well be building a mini book keeping
system very soon where "transactions" are the answer and
edits are not allowed.

There are MANY different reasons for building unbound forms.
  I have built unbound forms for criteria selection for
example.  Not what you think of as an "unbound form" but in
fact it is not bound to anything so it is technically an
unbound form.  Unfortunately that was not MY question (and
this was after all MY thread).  You have demonstrated
ANOTHER use for unbound forms, but again, it does not
address MY question.