[AccessD] State machines

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Wed Jun 11 00:52:41 CDT 2008

Hi John,

You may find also interesting to read (in free time) on foundations of State
machines: here are just a few of subjects related to this thread as well as
(software) programming in general I happened to study in the college and
after I got graduated. I can't say I succeeded in all but I liked to study
(some of) them :)

Finite State machine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_state_machine

Hidden Markov model
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Markov_model

Markov network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markov_network

Markov logic network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markov_logic_network

Higher-order logic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher-order_logic

Type theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_theory

And here is one of the modern generally accepted in software design way of
visual representation of State machines...

UML State diagram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_diagram

There are quite some more useful diagram types in UML:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Modeling_Language

--
Shamil