[AccessD] SQL Server Advice

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Wed Jun 18 20:23:16 CDT 2008

Hey everyone,

Most excited - somehow I have managed to sneak into a role at work which requires me to use an SQL Server backend to Access Front End.  Very happy about this as I want to learn how SQL server ticks and there is nothing like a bit of deadline pressure to inspire one to hit the books/newgroups/etc...

Going to be a steep learning curve as I have to get this app moved over from an Excel based tool to SQL Server.  I always find it nicer if I get paid to learn stuff as well.  I have had a look at SQL Server and it doesn't seem too complex to use (that probably means I really don't understand it all) - SQL syntax is different to Access though, hmmmm.

sooooo....  So  does anyone here have any advice of good sources of SQL Server info, website, or resources.  Would be happy to get a book organised, but I am not sure if there is one that is "must have" or not.  A peep at Amazon was inconclusive.

All and any advice gratefully received.

Cheers
Darryl in Oz!

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.