[AccessD] Timer Event

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jun 21 01:36:56 CDT 2008

Hi Rocky

As someone else suggested, invent your own increments. I just put in lines with a Debug.Print Timer around the code to get an idea of where a piece of code eats time. As said, the important part is that the user can see the bar moving to indicate the app is not frozen.

As for the percentages - which can increment in irregular steps - we just tell the users that the percentage indication is not related to the total processing time but for the work done by the process(!) No one knows, but who can tell if the last 10% of "work" shouldn't eat 40% of the total time?

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 21-06-2008 01:03 >>>
Gustav:

That will work if I can figure out the number of iterations and where they
occur.  This is a rather complex piece of code and has lots of phases and
loops within the phases.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334