[AccessD] Filter Main Form with Subform...

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:20:09 CDT 2008

> I was hoping on some insight on another way to filter the records that
> would not cause this problem?

=========You want to filter the main form without affecting the subforms, is
this correct? I admit, I don't really understand this decision, but there
are tons of ways to filter the main form -- you don't need to use .filter. I
prefer SQL myself. Is the user choosing the criteria? My favorite and
overused method is to let the user choose and then click a Command button
that executes a SQL statement that evaluates the values in the "criteria"
controls. This is pretty standard and easy to do -- I suspect you've got
something unique going on?

> The bookmark issue is a bit strange, I think it fails because of the
> 'requerying' of the subform, but I can't really tell. I do know the work
> around that I'm using now (and don't like) uses the records PK to lookup
> the
> record (in a clone), grab the bookmark and then set it to the subform,
> which
> works but is just way to slow.
>
> If I try the same exact code to grab the bookmark from the subform before
> .filter fires, I get an empty bookmark, every time without exception.

=========You are declaring the bookmark variable as a Static, right?

Susan H.