[AccessD] Two more issues on my Word document automation

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Wed Jun 25 15:44:34 CDT 2008

Hi again,

First, thanks for the wonderful help so far.  My form is coming along
very nicely.  The user selects the date from a calendar control for
records to be processed and clicks a button to set that date.  The user
then clicks a button to run the make-table query, a message box appears
to let the user know that is completed, and the user clicks OK to
dismiss message box.  The user then clicks a button to launch Word and
open the contributions merge letter.  So far, so good.

Two issues:

1.  The Word document is a merge form letter expecting data from the
temporary table in the database.  I would like to dismiss the message
box that pops up asking the user to confirm that he (or she) wants the
form letter to accept the data from the database - that is, I don't want
that message box to appear, but I don't see where in the Word document
to turn it off.  If it's something I can set for this document, does
anybody know where that setting is?  If I can't set it in the Word
document, is there a way for me to turn off that message box
programmatically from the database?

2.  Other issue - if a user selects a date for which there are no
records, and clicks the button to run the query, I want the message box
to tell the user there are no records for that date.

If all this works well, a user will get into the Word document, ready to
complete the merge, with 4 mouse-clicks.  That will make my friends at
Habitat very happy.  Down the road, when I am confident the automation
is working right, and the BE and FE are properly in place, I want to
combine the actions of the buttons on the form so that the user will
simply pick the appropriate date and click a GO button.  But, as I
mentioned earlier, we are trying to live in this house while we gut it
and totally remodel it - so I will be very happy with incremental
improvements.

Thanks again for all the help,
Tina