[AccessD] Regional Settings Problem

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Mar 3 13:10:19 CST 2008

Rocky,

What we had to do in our apps was to allow for the regional settings (it
could be worse, France uses a space as a delimiter) and have a function
that casts any number passed into it back into US format for use in SQL,
etc.  Similarly, we have a function that casts dates in US format for
SQL purposes.  All Our exports convert the data to US format and the
import converts that to the local regional settings if needed.  A lot of
initial work, but we have clients all over the world.

Charlotte Foust