[AccessD] using ADO to populate combos - was RE: Error 3048 Cannot open any more databases

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 5 08:23:22 CST 2008

I was under the perhaps naive belief that with Access 2000 and greater, a
combo could be populated by an ADO recordset, i.e. it's rowsource property
could be an ado recordset.  When I go out and look, I am running into
methods that build up a string and the row source type is set to value list.
That is a rather useless solution in the majority of cases since the max
limit of characters in the list is around 2000.

Is it in fact possible to make the rowsource an ADO recordset or am I
delusional?  If possible, how is it done?  Example code would be nice.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting