[AccessD] Code Help Please

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:35:51 CST 2008

Hi Joe,

You currently are using the dot notation (me.txtQBInvoice).  This relates to
an object eg: a property object.  To refer to a control value, use the pling
(!) notation as per examples below.

Your code seems to indicate that selection of a QB Invoice is done via a
combo or list box.  If this is the case, then your are probably using a
numbered key.  If so, then the test should be for zero and not for null.  If
it is a value which is keyed in then you need to decide if it is set up for
a number or a string and act accordingly.

In any case, I would change the code to something like this.

 if nz(me!txtQBInvoice,0) = 0 then.

or

if nz(me!txtQBInvoice,"")="" then

depending on if you are expecting a number or string.

Max