[AccessD] TabControlSheet Page Event?

Kath Pelletti kp at sdsonline.net
Tue Mar 11 00:00:07 CDT 2008

Darryl - you need the tab control's 'On Change' event. For each 'tab' on the
tab control, the tabs have a value starting from 0 (ie. the first tab is 0,
the second is 1 etc). So then you can say if on the first tab, load subform
a, if on 2nd tab, load subform b etc.

My code looks something like this:
'----------------------------------------------------------
Private Sub TabChosen_Change()
Dim strerrormsg As String
On Error GoTo Err_Handler

If Me.Dirty Then
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
End If

If Me.TabChosen.Value = 1 Then       'On borrowers subform.
    'If subform not loaded then load it.
    If IsNull(Me.FrmClientContractPrincipalSecuritiesSubform.SourceObject)
Or _
    Me.FrmClientContractPrincipalSecuritiesSubform.SourceObject = "" Then
        Me.FrmClientContractPrincipalSecuritiesSubform.SourceObject =
"FrmClientContractPrincipalSecuritiesSubform"
    End If
    Me.FrmClientContractPrincipalSecuritiesSubform![OfferedBy].Requery

ElseIf Me.TabChosen.Value = 2 Then       'On Collateral securities subform.
    'If subform not loaded then load it.
    If IsNull(Me.FrmClientContractCollateralSecuritiesSubform.SourceObject)
Or _
    Me.FrmClientContractCollateralSecuritiesSubform.SourceObject = "" Then
        Me.FrmClientContractCollateralSecuritiesSubform.SourceObject =
"FrmClientContractCollateralSecuritiesSubform"
    End If

ElseIf Me.TabChosen.Value = 3 Then       'On IPF data tab subform
    If IsNull(Me.FrmClientContractIPFData.SourceObject) Or _
    Me.FrmClientContractIPFData.SourceObject = "" Then
        Me.FrmClientContractIPFData.SourceObject =
"FrmClientContractIPFData"
    End If

End If

Normal_exit:
    Application.Echo True
    Exit Sub
Err_Handler:
    MsgBox "Error: [" & Err.Number & "]  " & IIf(Len(strerrormsg) > 0,
strerrormsg, Err.Description), vbCritical, "Error Message"
    Resume Normal_exit
End Sub

Kath