[AccessD] Security permissions - was RE: Feeding an paramarray to a paramarray

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Mar 12 18:07:24 CDT 2008

LOL, thanks for the advice.  ;-)

That is the next iteration.

Do you perhaps do this already?  I am struggling with how to manage the
various permutations in a functional user interface (wizard) for setting
such permissions.  Any given form has a "cancel" which prevents opening, as
well as the four properties - AllowAdditions, AllowDeletions, AllowEdits and
DataEntry.  My LWS allows setting these properties but making them table
driven makes the editing of the tables necessary before a form can have such
security.

My experience so far has been that the groups that can perform specific
functions in forms are rather stable and so having them hard coded is not a
big issue.  The bigger issue is KNOWING what the permissions are.  For that
I am working on having the forms log their permissions as they open (through
the LWS code).  Thus while the permissions are hard coded, there is a set of
tables which can display the permissions so you know where to go to make
needed changes.

fortunately) the LWS also allows setting permissions for controls on forms.
Thus the problem gets radically bigger immediately.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting