[AccessD] Security permissions

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Mar 13 12:21:10 CDT 2008

John, I started a tutorial, but I just won't have time for a while to
complete it.  To build a custom security system, there are too many
factors to make it a short tutorial.  Things like using NT accounts,
allowing to switch users (without logging the current user off), mixing
custom users and NT users, etc.  I wrote code to do all this stuff in
various applications, just don't have the time to post and explain it
all.

But, for your specific problem, you should use the errors of objects not
in a collection.  Have a global user class, and when that class is set,
have it pull it's permissions from the tables.  So, when it pulls form
permissions, have it add each form and it's permissions into a
collection (with the index set as the forms name).  Then have a property
that receives the form's name, and permission.  That property checks to
see if the form is in the collection, like this:

Private function HasFormPermissions(strFormName) as Boolean
On error goto errorhandler
Dim fp as FormPermissions
Set fp=FormPermissionsCollection(strFormName)
HasFormPermissions=True
Set fp=nothing
Exit function
ErrorHandler:
HasFormPermissions=False
Err.clear
End Function

If there are no form permissions, return the property as false.  If it
does, check if the permission matches, and return that.

Drew
The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.