[AccessD] Oracle provider on locked down system

rosalyn.clarke at barclays.com rosalyn.clarke at barclays.com
Wed Mar 19 06:31:00 CDT 2008

Dear List

I have a legacy Access database that I need to make work on a Citrix server
farm I cannot configure. The database runs a very simple query on an Oracle
database and currently uses MSDAORA.1 as the provider. The Citrix farm does
not have the Oracle client tools installed, and installing them is probably
not an option. It also doesn't have the .net framework.

Are there any providers people know of that might be included by default in a
normal-ish Windows installation, or is there any way I can bundle something
into a package that will run on a system that denies users write access to
their C:\ drives?

TIA

Roz

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free.
The Barclays Group does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of the Barclays Group is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by the Barclays Group.

Barclays Bank PLC.Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 1026167).
Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom.

Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.