[AccessD] Treat string as array

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Mar 24 11:49:35 CDT 2008

Michael,

Split() only works on delimited strings.  It is designed to break a string
of words (for example) into an array of the words.  In that case it would
use the spaces as the delimiter.

I am trying to take any string and put the INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS OF THE
STRING into INDIVIDUAL ELEMENTS of an array. If I gave you a string of
"12345asdfg" and you pass that to split you would get (I assume)
"12345asdfg" back in one element of an array.  I need 1 in the first
element, 2 in the next element, 3 in the next element etc.

>> How can I turn a string into an array?  I need to iterate through the
>> characters of a string.
>>
>> For each char in str
>> 	dosomething char
>> Next char

Arrays have iterators (for each next).  Strings do not.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting