[AccessD] VM for different versions of Access

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sat Mar 29 00:03:35 CDT 2008

...afaik redownload the vhd ...backup all your other stuff ...reinstall
...restore ...since the vhd is preloaded its pretty quick and painless
...there was an article that led me to it originally that described the
process but damed if I can fnd it now ...I was so interested in finding a
solution to the eternal need for different pc os installs that I just
followed the same link that Doug posted ...got to say, its one of the better
things I've done in years ...once the vpc was in and the vhd connected, it
loads quickly and there are so many ways to use it that I've only touched
the surface ...its the cat's meow for client visits ...I used to lug a
laptop set up to meet each client's needs ...now its all on a usb stick
...install the vpc once ...point it to the vhd on the stick and voila,
there's MY desktop and all MY goodies on their pc without all the
inconvenience of laptops, networks, etc, etc ...takes about 5 minutes to
install and configure the vpc the first time ...from then on I just plug in
my stick and load the vpc ...its actually quicker than a reboot ...and you
can switch back and forth to the client's environment with just a mouse
click ...and watch their discomfort as you demo that their environment
changes are the problem, not your app :)))

William