[AccessD] Simple Recordset Question

Steve Zayko szayko at secor.com
Tue May 6 17:09:43 CDT 2008

OK, I have a first grader level question for you all.

I have an access 2003 database and a form.  When I click a button on
said form I would like the code to open a table as a recordset and count
the records.  I know I have done this before and I know I have seen this
done quite easily.  However, I am getting an error that I cannot get
past.

This is my code:

Dim rst_Matrix As Recordset
Dim int_X as integer
Set rst_Matrix = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT Matrix.* from Matrix;",
_ DbOpenDynaset, dbReadOnly)

rst_Matrix.MoveLast
int_X = rst_Matrix.RecordCount

On line 3 I am getting a type mis-match.

What am I doing wrong and how do I get my code to get past this?

Thanks

-Z

Stephen Zayko, PE
Associate Engineer