[AccessD] Decimal

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed May 14 15:45:54 CDT 2008

Hi Charlotte

I don't think you can put a general rule for the best replacement for Decimal. Quite often Currency would be the first alternative choice. Double - and indeed Single - may introduce new issues in an existing app.

That said, Decimal should be avoided as data type in tables as it is known to be buggy. In VBA, however, it can be quite useful.

/gustav

>>> cfoust at infostatsystems.com 14-05-2008 21:53 >>>
Decimal is a data type that was not supported in earlier versions of
Access, although it was in VB and I believe in some other Office apps.
Change it to a floating point (single or double) for Access.

Charlotte Foust