[AccessD] Query Column Headings -Table's Caption PropertyVs a Query's Alias

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 20 08:42:44 CDT 2008

Hi John

I didn't know that, but actually it is explained in the on-line help of Access 97.

Morale: Don't set Caption for fields of tables/queries which are going to be used as the source for a query where you need custom captions.

/gustav

>>> askolits at nni.com 20-05-2008 15:27 >>>
Manually is fine but it always defaults to the string that's in the caption
property.

So if in the table's design I have: (Ignore all quotes)
FieldName: "strLastName"
Caption: "Last Name"

And create a query that has the following alias in the field grid:

"The Last Name Of The Person Is:strLastName"

You would think after running the query the column heading would be "The
Last Name Of The Person Is".

But it's not. The alias is ignored and it defaults to the value in the
caption property within the table's design.