[AccessD] Multiple Frontend Users

Tue May 20 10:14:58 CDT 2008

Hear hear!

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Rocky Smolin at
Beach Access Software
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:38 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Multiple Frontend Users

Arthur:

That thing about the back up doesn't make sense.  The original is on the
server.  Only COPIES are on the clients.  It doesn't need to be backed up at
the client end. If a machine gets replaced,  a shortcut to the FE on the
server would need to be created anyway.  Why not just copy the FE from the
server to the new client?

The answer is simple - control.  It's just petty politics.  They want to be
in control and when you put something on a client you lose  control.  Yes
and MDE would be better so that they don't go mucking around with your
objects.  But really...

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334