[AccessD] Who is locking the record

Tue May 20 14:29:42 CDT 2008

That is indeed the same information that is presented here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176670/en-us

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:22 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Who is locking the record

Someone on this list (Drew maybe?) said that the information is stored in
WINDOWS lock system.  IOW to Windows this is really just a file.  JET uses
the windows lock system to create locks and uses some part of that lock
mechanism to say what pieces of the MDB file is being locked.  It is a
"place a lock from byte x to byte Y of file z".

It is not clear that even Jet knows WHO is locking something, only that
something is being locked.

OTOH this entire subject is not clear to me.  I have never seen it written
down that this is the way it actually happens, it was just some list member
saying so.

I did find this which appears to explain this process:

http://www.wotsit.org/download.asp?f=jetlock&sc=264608112