[AccessD] Virtualization

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed May 21 16:06:33 CDT 2008

Nah, it'll be pretty lightweight.  It'll be like everyone is using one
machine, just with multiple screens.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
at Beach Access Software
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:42 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Virtualization

 D ear List:

I had a dealer in Belgium note that virtualization is a big buzz word
now
and wondered how E-Z-MRP would do in that environment.  I wrote back
that I
didn't know what aspect of virtualization he was thinking of in regard
E-Z-MRP.  So he wrote back:

"Re per virtualization... I'm just wondering, as I read E-Z-MRP can be
setup
as 'client-server', if the program is installed on a server, if there is
possibility to use thin clients to act as 'clients' and further, if the
application can be installed on a Citrix server and be distributed and
accessed as a 'published application'."

E-Z-MRP is a straightforward FE/BE app with an mde on the front end and
an
mdb on the back end.

How does this fare under Citrix?  It would seem to be OK under a thin
client
setup except that it seems to me that would mean a lot more traffic over
the
wire.

What should I tell him?

MTIA