[AccessD] CDO Email

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri May 23 20:41:33 CDT 2008

S Lee,

Thanks for the response.  It looks like you responded
directly to me rather than to the AccessD group.  I am CCing
the group so that everyone can be involved in the discussion.

The "box" I am running this code on is my laptop in this
case, however I need a generic solution, not one that only
works in one specific place or on one specific machine.

I have a home office, with a bunch of machines in a
workgroup.  I do not run a mail server here in my office.
All of the email for my company is handled by servers "out
there" somewhere.  I have a web hosting company which hosts
my web as well as handles my email.

As I mentioned, I actually use a mail forwarder
www.no-ip.com due to the fact that so many ISPs block port
25 and force you to send email through their servers.  I
understand that they do this to (try to) control spam, and
it works fine for a computer in a fixed location, however it
breaks things when you use a laptop and travel.

In any event, I do need "working code" however I also need
"working knowledge" so that I understand the code.  There is
nothing worse in my humble opinion than using code that you
don't understand.

TIA for any help you can give.