[AccessD] DotNetNuke

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Sun May 25 05:51:29 CDT 2008

John,

I'll step into the fray, here.

If you are looking at the Windows Explorer DotNetNuke Properties page
then you won't see the ASP.NET tab.  You need to examine the
DotNetNuke Properties page from within IIS.

Also, if you don't see the Security tab while you've got the
DotNetNuke Properties page open in Windows Explorer, then you need to
change a setting in Tools | Folder Options | View.  UNcheck the "Use
simple file sharing (Recommended)" option.

I was curious about this:

"Since then they have moved from DNN 2.x running on .Net 1.X to DNN
4.X running on .Net 2.X. I have requested that the web hosting company
migrate my web site to the DNN 4.X..."

As far as I know there is no way to "migrate" from such an old version
of DNN to the current version.  Has the web host said that it would do
that for you?

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI