[AccessD] 2007 disables app because of

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Tue May 27 23:12:09 CDT 2008

Rocky,

This is how in Excel, I hope Access is similar. I don't have 2007 to check for you - sorry.

' From http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2007/12/18/google-toolbar-slows-excel/
The problem actually turns out to be the Google Desktop Office Com Addin. When you deactivate this you get a miraculous speedup.

With Excel 2007 it is fairly easy to deactivate:
Office Button->Excel Options->Addins->Com Addins and deselect Google Desktop Office Addin

With earlier versions of Excel you have to customise a toolbar and add the Com Addins dialog to it.
View->Toolbars->Customise->Commands tab->Tools then about halfway down you will find Com Addins, select and drag to the toolbar of your choice.
Then you can uncheck Google Desktop Office addin.

If you have multiple versions of Excel installed you only have to do this once.

Presumably this COM addin sets up one or more application-level events to monitor things like Selection Change and Worksheet change and then tries to trap the change in order to index it.

Regards
Darryl.