[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed May 28 12:41:12 CDT 2008

Again, you are thinking in a bound world JC...

A 'truly unbound' process wouldn't be EDITING data where there was a
chance that someone else was changing in the background.  All of that
work is already in the bound process, what would be the point of doing
that?

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:36 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Rocky,

While that is technically unbound, you still have a
recordset object open.  IF you are setting a lock then you
are right back to the issues I am trying to get around.  I
would call that "quasi-unbound".

Truly unbound opens a recordset, transfers the values to
controls, closes the recordset, modifies the data, opens the
recordset, performs all of the checks and balances needed to
prevent data corruption, writes changes / new records back
to the data set, closes the dataset.

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.