[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Jennifer Gross jengross at gte.net
Wed May 28 14:35:35 CDT 2008

One of my mantra's is "I get paid by the hour".  If I explain the pitfalls
of something they want to do and they still want me to do it, guess what "I
get paid by the hour".  In two months when they realize it wasn't such a
good idea, guess what "I get paid by the hour" to change it again.  I never
bill by the job.

The bottom line is I do this for a living.  I have no desire to be a
crusader/martyr for perfect database design.  I'm a woman with a California
mortgage and two kids in college.  I am not a drone following direction
indiscriminately.  I give them my best advice based on hard won experience.
Rarely, if not never, has a client dictated data structure to me.  But they
sure as heck want to dictate program flow.  When they move against my advice
we usually wind up down the road with them deciding, once again, to tell me
only what they want as the end result, not how it should work.  In the
meantime I may need to twist myself into a pretzel to get the darn thing to
work the way they 'envision' - but all the while the meter's running.

Jennifer