[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed May 28 14:43:14 CDT 2008

Drew,

Thanks for that lucid discussion of the issues.

8-)

Believe me, I do not want to get on any high horse, I just
want to discuss the alternatives to bound.  I do NOT
understand fully the implications of any particular method
of unbound data entry exactly because I do not use it if I
can avoid it, for obvious reasons.

To be honest, given the folks on this list, given the heavy
use of classes amongst our list members, and given the
strong opinions about unbound being "the way to go" by a
certain subset of our members, I fully expected some healthy
discussion about generic "here's how to do it, with this
class to do this part and this class to do this other part
etc.  It is a problem that certainly seems to beg for a
class based solution.

The entire thread just seemed to get dragged down in stuff
entirely unrelated to handling the locking issues that you
just referred to.

My apologies to everyone if I came across harshly, I am just
trying to get my thread back on track.