[AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu May 29 11:06:32 CDT 2008

<sigh>

I did answer your question JC.  The answer INVOLVES changing how you
have your data structured in the tables.  You asked for the unbound
solution....that is the way to go.

"I am interested in a simple means of yanking the memo field out into an
unbound control, editing it and placing it back" -- which is NOT an
unbound solution.  It's a fix to a bound solution.  I'm not the one
trying to pick a fight.  You started with the jibes about 'it's so
quiet, I'm asking for an unbound solution and not getting any....'.  So,
I laid it out to you.  The unbound SOLUTION requires a design change in
the system.  I'm sorry that's unacceptable to you, but you asked.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:23 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] VBA Unbound data entry / update form

Drew, c'mon.

The ONLY direct answers to my questions about how to design
an unbound form came from Rocky (thanks Rocky!).  There was
a suggestion (also not from you) about how to handle the
locking for an unbound edit.  Gustav came up with a rather
nice idea of just disconnecting the memo field itself and
leaving the rest bound.

The rest were answers to a question I didn't ask, which is
how YOU think the system needs to be redesigned.

Now you want to pick a fight because I am not interested in
redesigning the system.  Sorry, but I am not.  I am
interested in a simple means of yanking the memo field out
into an unbound control, editing it and placing it back.

I got the answer to that, but it was NOT from you.  Read
your posts and copy and paste any of your responses that
answered my question if you so wish (but NOT your answers to
any questions I did not ask).  Sorry, but I don't have them
available because I trash responses that are useless to me.

All of your blathering isn't helping me so it is going in
the trash.  Including this one.

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.