[AccessD] Record Locked

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Nov 10 10:33:33 CST 2008

Is the message they're getting actually "record locked" or something
that boils down to that?  I take it that this behavior wasn't seen in
the past?  They could be getting the lock from the workgroup file, but
that usually throws an "opened exclusively" message.

If you're hitting true locking errors, check to see what you have your
locking set to, page locking or record locking.  Page locking can cause
this, especially if the form is based on a multi-table query, but even
without that if the page size spans multiple records.

Charlotte Foust