[AccessD] MS Access Drawing Capabilities

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:33:30 CST 2008

I did not set it up to print the room...but I have done something similar where I had a number of shapes/images on the screen(42 pool tables,25 dining, stools, bar)...and the user could rearrange/orient each of the items...click on each image to 'do stuff' or see info related to it.

I used rectangles and embedded images.  Everything is adjusted by 'twips'.

Not the prettiest approach...but could accomplish what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Mark A. Matte> From: paul_lifopro at cox.net> To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:58:52 -0600> Subject: [AccessD] MS Access Drawing Capabilities> > I'm volunteering my time to work on a small system for a non-profit> organization.> > > > The organization has an Expo every year and they have been keeping track of> the exhibitors, booth space and donated items using Excel. While this> works, its pretty time consuming and inefficient.> > > > I have the DB, Forms and reports pretty well finished. What I need help on> is how to create a diagram/chart of how the booths are set up in the> building. It seems like I should be able to interface Access and maybe> Visio to get this done.> > > > Ideally, I'd like to draw he booth setup on a form and then somehow let the> people click on a booth and have a modal form come up and show the> information about the booth i.e. size, is it taken, is it a premium booth,> etc.> > > > I've googled every key word I can think of but haven't been able to find any> examples.> > > > Any help would be appreciated.> > > > Thanks> > > > Paul> > -- > AccessD mailing list> AccessD at databaseadvisors.com> http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/accessd> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com