[AccessD] A2003: SQL Trusted Connection Error to SQL Server 2000

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Nov 17 16:57:52 CST 2008

A couple things to look at:

http://blog.benday.com/archive/2005/06/16/637.aspx
<quote> Still nothing.  At this point, we've burned up a lot of time on something that should be
totally easy.  Now I start wondering if it's a security problem because I kinda half remembered
reading about distributed transaction problems between Windows 2000 and instances of
SQL Server running on Windows 2003.

None of it was really looking likely and at some point I started thinking about how SQL Server
isn't supported on Windows 2003 under a certain service pack level.  What service pack is
this server running anyway?  So, I fired up Query Analyzer and ran "SELECT @@VERSION".
The version was "2000.80.194.0".   Quick skim of the build numbers listed online
and...UNBELIEVABLE!  This thing hasn't been patched even ONCE!

So, I upgraded to SQL Server Service Pack 4 and my problems went away.
</quote>

OR

http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2005/09/28/474698.aspx
<quote>
 There is a space after server name in the connection string:
</quote>