[AccessD] WAY OT: Brains Trust Q - Slow SQL Server 2005

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Nov 18 01:11:40 CST 2008

Hi Darren

As already mentioned, look for more ram. Also, it is the VMware Server you are running, right?. Not the desktop thing?
Further, check the usage of CPUs. The free VMware Server supports only one CPU but may be set to emulate two. It so, and if not the SQL Server Express version which only will use one CPU, your SQL Server may see two CPUs and will try to use these which, of course, is a joke.

Finally, why not join our two lists, Tech and SQL Server?? They are for threads like this.

/gustav

>>> darren at activebilling.com.au 18-11-2008 01:31 >>>

We have a Dell server running Linux as the OS (Running Ubuntu I think)
On this Linux server we have a VM Session running Windows Server as the OS
On this VM Session we have our instance of SQL Server 2005 ..