[AccessD] OT: Web Design

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Nov 21 17:43:52 CST 2008

I've just updated my site at http://www.lexacorp.com.pg over the last few days.

I built it using frames <bleuch> about 6 or 7 years ago and
it was looking very tired and old fashioned.

The new version uses Server Side Includes for a consistent layout

That way I just need a line
<!--#include virtual="header.html" -->
in each page rather than repeating all the background, header image, menu code etc.
I do the same for the footer.

Incidentally, the menu is a straight lift from
<quote>
/***********************************************
* CSS Horizontal List Menu- by JavaScript Kit (www.javascriptkit.com)
* Menu interface credits: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/glossy-vertical-
menu/
* This notice must stay intact for usage
* Visit JavaScript Kit at http://www.javascriptkit.com/ for this script and 100s more
</quote>

Feel free  to steal any ideas you need for content.
Rocky's site, build by  Karen Rosenstiel,  may give you a few ideas too.

Actually, I've never found a WYSIWYG site designer that I like - I've ended up doing it hand
with a text editor which understands HTML syntax.  (I swap between Crimson Editor and
NoteTab)

--
Stuart