[AccessD] A2003: Disk or Network Error

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Oct 1 02:28:11 CDT 2008

Hi Darren

That is not normal behaviour and I think you should focus on the cause which probably is the backend machine or the connection to it including possible mis-settings of sleep mode, bad network devices or cabling, etc.
I would replace the backend machine with a NAS device or machine running a server OS. If the problem persists, you have ruled out one source - if not, you have found the source.

/gustav

>>> darren at activebilling.com.au 01-10-2008 01:49 >>>
Hi Team

Apologies if I have asked this before

I have a dB that speaks with the BE. That BE that sits on a machine here used as
a file share/server (It's not running Server software - just XP)

Quite often I'll leave for the night with my Access app happily displaying its
main page only to return to a zillion "Disk or Network Error" message boxes in
the morning

Obviously some time during the night the FE and BE have lost contact with each
other - not too big a deal but I have to click through all the error messages -
there can be up to 50 of them

Then I have to re-boot the app - this is sometimes done un-gracefully from the
task manager

Is there a way I can trap this error at a dB kind of level - not a form level -
then I can gracefully shut the app or alert the user to graceful shut the app?

I think I know the error message number - just not sure where to trap for it

Many thanks

Darren