[AccessD] Visual Basic 2008 Express & VB.NET

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Oct 4 11:28:17 CDT 2008

William,

I do not see this book available for free, code only, do you?

I'm gladly paying for the books like Marco's one as they pay themselves
manifold and very quickly...

These books have well systemized and "condensed" stuff, supplied with
working real life apps unlike Internet where it's often not easy (very time
consuming) to find needed information, and it's almost not possible at all
to get so well systemized and ready to use for real life software
development stuff as Marco's book: for big advanced projects I mean,
conceptual yet very useful and applicable and proven in real life software
development business solutions I mean...

Of course Internet is full of cookbook-style solutions/advises but one still
have to have good experience and intuition to apply them in this or that
case, and often a lot of time to filter-out "garbage" stuff...

BTW, have you heard about this project/initiative?

"Stack Overflow Launches"
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2008/09/15.html and
http://blog.stackoverflow.com/

from Joel Spolsky?

It looks promising but I'd think it would never be a substitute for good
books as Marco Bellinaso's one ...

Thank you.

--
Shamil